AniCura is growing at a double-digit rate, outpacing its competitors and the overall industry. The company attributes this to its unique culture; growing its network through recommendations, respecting that existing clinic owners are successful entrepreneurs and focusing on building a partnership with them as well as recruiting a top performing, passionate and humble team.
The Head of SSC is a direct report to Finance Director Cluster South (Italy, Spain, Portugal). The main responsibility of the Head of SSC / Tax & Accounting Manager will be to lead the Shared Service Center based in Italy (accounting, tax, reporting, cash management, statutory compliance & audits, finance integration of newly acquired clinics) and to support the Finance Director on harmonizing WoW in tax & accounting at the Cluster level.
- Hire, inspire and motivate the tax and accounting team
- Lead and standardize the tax and accounting function
- Integrate new clinics in the AniCura way, including financial reporting
- Lead the day-to-day tax and accounting of the French Group
- Manage the reporting, controlling and auditing processes
- Coordinate and drive to results internal and external accountants
- Ensure appropriate compliance and internal control mechanisms are in place to meet corporate governance and risk management requirements
- Constantly strive to add value and support to the organization, clinics and business area
- Establish and maintain a positive attitude and an inclusive partnership and family feeling
AniCura requires a highly motivated and financially literate. AniCura places great emphasis on culture and attributes much of its success to the personalities it has hired and approach they take to relationship building.
Historically, AniCura has hired people who are catalysts for better business, not necessarily individuals experienced in the companion animal health world; but individuals with solid technical and business backgrounds, very high achievers who are low key, social, humble, good listeners and able to create strong bonds with people from all walks of life.
Owing to the diverse nature of clinics and teams, the Sr Accountant will likely be respectful of people’s background. Solid, positive and action-oriented; very driven and hands-on.
- Strong leadership skills & people focus
- Experience in reorganizing SSCs and/or accounting & tax departments
- Educated to a graduate degree level, or above in the field of accounting or auditing
- Strong technical skills and accounting background gained through a professional experience of minimum 7 years in an audit or chartered accounting firm
- Additional ‘in company’ experience is a must
- Expertise in Italian GAAP and knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP a plus
- Expertise in tax compliance according to local regulations
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office applications and accounting software
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic and action orientated
- Independent and very driven
- Proven management skills
- Rigorous – process driven and structured thinker
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability
- Fluent in Italian and professional English level
- Pet ownership desirable but not essential. Candidate must like animals